Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Punta del Este


How could I call this a touristic blog if I didn't include a reference to Punta del Este...our Crown Jewel.

Some refer to it as the Saint Tropez of South America but we like to call it just "Punta". Argentineans consider it their own (because they conquer it every January) and we, Uruguayans, usually grunt when they make jokes about it. Typical neighbors quarrel. Although I should mention that this fact has been changing in the last few years, more Brazilians are coming every year as well as Europeans and Americans (actually, last January everywhere I went I heard people speaking in English).

I won't say anything about Punta that hasn't been said before or that you can't find on Google...great beaches, amazing nightlife, the hottest women on Earth, celebrities from all over the world, sports, the best cars and so on.

Instead, I will write about a characteristic that I consider one of the most important ones based on my experiences when vacationing in Punta. In a nutshell, it is a place that fits all wallets. From the topmost, hottest and richest celebrity that spends $10,000 a day, to a student who stays at the municipal camping ground and everything that you can imagine in between. So, rest assured that if you are one, the other or in between you will find your "spot" in Punta del Este and you will never forget it.

Check the ads if you are interested in renting houses in Punta del Este or buying Real Estate.

Enjoy it!!

No comments: